Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week 6 - E Learning & Virtual Education

I think E-learning for me started back when I was in primary school. We could go to the computer labs and I was looking forward to that very much at that time. Now that I'm older, E-learning has definitely improved drastically. We shall see what are the latest updates. There are proven statistics that students prefer to listen to online lectures, as it helps them in their education.

E-learning is learning that is facilitated by the use of digital tools and content. Without the internet, computer or mobile devices, e-learning would of not have existed. It also involves some form of interactivity, such as interaction between the learners, peers and teachers.

Some of the varieties are virtual classrooms, online learning(can be web-based, or a school webpage), game-based, simulation based(in the form of a computer application), game-based.
I think my favourite would be game based, because it is fun, engaging, and time passes faster, and I am more interested in the subject.

Some of the benefits of e-learning is because of its convenience, and flexibility. We can access our personal computers almost 24/7, however real life school is not. Our performances will increase, probably better results! It is helps develop the skills and competences needed in this 21st century, because in the future work will be heavily relied on technology, hence it is important to develop these skills.




My school instructor showed us a video of Second Life, how a virtual school setting was like.


And maybe in the future, we may not have real teachers in teaching in our class, but a computer or a recorded video.

I feel that this technology will be a success, but maybe not in my lifetime, because by the time this technology has stabilised, I will be working or even retired. However I feel that alot of discipline is required for this e-learning. We can be easily distracted or even become lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment